Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Starting on my final peices this week!

Well, my materials I have been waiting on have arrived. For the final pieces I have chosen to use a very high grade Polyester Layup Resin with fiberglass to allow strength along with economy and most importantly ultra high heat resistance.

Because these pieces are cold cast metal on the surface I have chosen a clear uv resistant polyester gel coat to use with the metal powder. I am playing with different kinds of Patina to achieve different effects with the final look of the metal.

A big thanks to BITY Mold Supply for being my one stop shop for my mold materials as well as my Sculpt Nouveau Patina solutions to add extra personality to each piece.

I should have some photos to share in the coming week so keep your eyes peeled for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment